Sunday, October 2, 2016

Being A Mom

The second one is different. I was head over heals for my little man, he made my world. He had horrible colic but he didn't stress me out. I wanted to stare at him twenty four hours a day. But... the second child is different. I am not sure if it is because I know she will most likely be my last, or if it is because she is a girl, or simply I have been through this before but man this is fun. Getting up a night is not nearly as stressful and I know phases like the evening screams are temporary. She is obsessed with me and really only wants me -- and quite frankly I am okay with that. Actually, I kind of love it. I am not saying I am not tired and would literally give a finger for a night of sleep but this is pretty wonderful. What is this spell babies put on us? How are we willing to give our entire being to them and (on most days) be okay with that? They are demanding and somedays never happy. We are exhausted and find it hard to find ourselves most days. But yet we are over the moon happy and think they are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment