Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Growing & Changing

This kid is so intense with his phases. I never really did think we would exit the doosaur phase. I thought for sure I would see him roaring down the hallway at other children in kindergarten. Then we moved to animals, he was a kodiak brown bear for months. I am not going to lie I was worried that his vidi imagination was going to make him appear young next year, but I always let him put his whole heart into all that he does. Now we are moving to legos and art. both of which seem older. He gets frustrated when he doesn't stay win the lines, he cares what others think. As I stare at him tonight concentrating on painting I realize those imaginative phases where he didn't care who saw him roaring int he middle of Target might be ending and I find myself missing them. Parenting is such a strange mix of enjoying the now, looking forward, and longing for what was.

No comments:

Post a Comment