Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 222 / 365 - Tears


Today we mourned the loss of a nephew who was taken from us way to soon. Today I watched my brother stand up in front of friends and family at the funeral home and pour his heart and soul out in front of us all. I was filled with many different emotions, I am honored to have this man as my brother. He was raw, he laid it all out there and the love he felt for his son was overwhelming. We all felt it in that room, we cried and we had goosebumps. I was heartbroken... to sit there and see someone of my own blood standing up there hurting so badly. That is a horrible feeling knowing that the hurt they are feeling is so strong and you can't do one thing to help them. I was so sad to be mourning Jarred and knowing that he had so much life ahead of him. I was angry... why did this happen this way? Why should this family have to be feeling this pain?

I was proud... this is my family. We may not be perfect and yes we need to do an even better job at staying in touch but I love this group of people and they are wonderful. They make me who I am and make me strive to be a better person. My family is my soul. Prayers for my brother and his family during this impossibly difficult time. I love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Jessica. I feel the same. There are no answers this side of heaven. I too was incredibly moved by Bruce as he talked about who Jarred was and how much he was loved. The strength it took to bear witness to his love for his child while mourning the loss was powerful. Tears from all of us will continue to flow. We have to hold on tight to one another. If we take one lesson from this unspeakable grief that should be it. Hold on tight - family and friends are precious gifts. Don't wait to show them or tell them how much you love them. Every single day counts. We never know how much time we have. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete