Sunday, May 22, 2016

Paleontologist

He is very excited to be a paleontologist when he grows up. He tells us all about his travels with his team and what kinds of dinosaurs he is going to be looking for. He talks about living with his team and even studying at night about tomorrow's dig. One night he even said, "I hope my team gets a long and is not really messy" haha! He tells Jarin and I that he will probably have to travel far away to follow the dinosaur maps so we have to be ready when he is not here. I entertain his conversation and tell him that we don't mind, we will visit often and he can show us all of his finds.

Last night I walked into his room when he was calling me and he said, "mom please, I need a big squeeze hug" and I walked over hugged him and he started sobbing. Uncontrollable sad sobbing, if you are a parent you know it is the kind that makes your heart hurt. I asked him what was wrong and he looked at me and said "I will miss you so much when I am a paleontologist, how am I going to live so far from you" I wanted to giggle and cry at the same time. I took a deep breath and said, "Ryder I will follow your dreams anywhere". He asked if I could live with him and his team and I told him that was too many people to do laundry for as I laughed. He assured me that they would do their own laundry. haha. I explained that as he gets older he will want his own house but I would be happy to live next door to him forever ;)) He then told me he was going to find the biggest t-rex ever and he would buy all of his aunts a house on the same street. I said that was a deal as long as I had the biggest house out everyone. ;) haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment