Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Dinosaur Enthusiasm

As I sat drinking my coffee today, this was my view. Anyone who knows my child knows he is sweet, fearful of lots, calm, and really pretty darn sensitive. Except when it comes to dinosaurs. I don't know what it is about these things but he loves them and he is kind of gruesome with them. I finally broke down and let him watch Jurassic World. He has been asking since it came out. Call me a terrible mom but whatever the kid is freaking obsessed with dinosaurs. I was a little worried about his night terrors as we were prepping him for the movie. I even got on YouTube and let him watch a few scenes to see how he processed it. No questions... lots of cheering. I was a little confused by his enthusiasm and lack of fear. So we watched the movie... I was not prepared for what laid ahead of me. At one point the Indominous Rex grabbed a guy from the head part of his body and swallowed him whole. It was at this point my sweet little sensitive souled boy stood and yelled at the top of his lungs "nice grab dominous". As he fist pumped the air above him. I wish someone would have recorded my face when this happened. He was not phased by the movie and I still giggle at the fact that I felt so much need to protect him when in reality he was more than ready to separate real life vs. fictional.

No comments:

Post a Comment