Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Muffins With Mom

It is one of the last mornings in our home that I brought two babies home to. Ryder and I made muffins together (his absolute favorite) and we took a minute to eat them together and enjoy our time here. I love this memory, and I will miss this giant kitchen where we ate breakfast together and Ryder sat on the counters as I cooked. This home helped me be a better mother. It taught me to enjoy those moments in each room. It taught me to let my kids grow creatively and paint does in fact come off shiny wood floors quite well. It taught me that tiny little sticky handprints on my walls were in fact adorable. It taught me that shoes on really isn't that big of a deal, it simply means more grip as he sprints down the hall so he won't fall. It taught me that big drawers were awesome for sippy cups and teaching you how to unload the dishwasher. It taught me that the steps were short from our room to your room in the middle of the night and that would come in very handy. It taught me that crown molding and window ledges were awesome mountains for dinosaurs and animals. It taught me that when you all live on one floor together there was going to be a lot of toys ... everywhere... and that's okay. These walls were good to us. We are leaving behind a beautiful house, but the people that make the home and the memories are moving on to their next big perfect adventure. Excited to see what I will learn next.

No comments:

Post a Comment