Wednesday, March 15, 2017

{Story} -- Your Heart Is Gold

I want to start inserting stories into this -- things that may not have a picture but need to be told so I can look back on them later. Today we were at Toys-R-Us. Miss Evie continually sits up and slams her head on the side of the crib in the middle of the night, so this sleep deprived mama was going to try a breathable bumper. I had one in mind so I wanted to see if they had one. I found one similar to the one I was looking for. I picked it up and said, "jeez Ryder seventy bucks, I don't know if I want to pay that for this" I was just kind of talking to myself and didn't even really think he was listening. He wanted to go look at his toys so I decided to just put it in the cart and wait on a decision. He asked me if I was getting it. I said, "I'm not sure bud it's very expensive and I don't really want to pay that much for this -- it's not a very fun thing". I told him I would think about it. We went and looked at toys and I gave him his time to sit and look at the things he wanted to check out. We were getting ready to leave and I said -- "ok buddy let's go back, I am going to go and put this away". I walked over to the aisle and he said, "Mom, does Evie need that"? I told him not really, I was just wondering if it would help her sleep. He looked at me and said, "Mom you can take the money out of my piggy bank for her to have it, I will buy it for her". My mama heart about broke in two. I instantly got on my knees and hugged him and told him that was the sweetest thing ever and he is a good big brother. I also informed him I could infect afford the bumper I just wasn't sure it would even do anything to help. Love this kid's giant heart. You are made of gold little man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment