Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 353 / 365 - Ornament Drama

Today I picked him up from Shirley's house and he met me with a beautiful salt and flour Christmas tree ornament. He was so very proud to give it to me and tell me he made it for me. I have to be honest I was super excited about it, I knew he did it on his own and I knew he understood enough that he was making it to make me happy. We got home and hung it on the tree and went into the other room. I came running back to a shrill scream coming from the living room to find Ry standing over Hunter and Hunter with a mouth full of a Christmas tree ornament. Ryder was screaming, that was mine I made it, I wanted to show daddy!! Oh holy heart break for this mom. So I decided I better make this all better quickly! I scooped Ryder up, threw him in the car and through his cries he was asking where were we going. We walked into Michaels and I asked him what he wanted to put on his new ornament. He thought for a minute and stopped pouting and said, "paint". So we walked around and decided to get clay this time so we didn't have another "situation" and then went home and made this perfect little gem. I miss the first one he made because it was "his" that he made without me, but he loves his new one and we can now giggle about our four legged friend who seems to ruin a lot of things. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment