Friday, June 19, 2015

Lights Out

We had a storm rip through here last night, and we lost power for a few hours. Ryder was in the bathtub when the lights went out and he was a little taken back. It took some long conversation to help him understand why this happens and it will be ok. After the conversation he did start to enjoy the dark quiet night. Grandma and Pa-paw got him some camping gear so we decided it was the perfect time to use it! He had a fun bath with his lantern. Makes me think back to the days of my dad and when our electricity went out. I remember a specific time when mom was in Colorado and our lights went out for about three days. Dad set up a campsite in the living room and it was probably one of the most memorable experiences of my childhood. It was just so fun to all be confined to the living room and see dad figure out feeding us and how to entertain all of us kids together. I am thankful for those memories and hope that maybe this was one memory that will stick in my child's head when he thinks back on his childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment