Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year

I like to think of myself as a positive person, I love to find the positives in any situation and focus on them but 2015 was hard. Impossibly.Hard. March 25th was life changing and after that moment the year became somewhat of a blur. My father was diagnosed with terminal painful cancer and for the next 5 months my time was spent along with family taking care of him. The next four months after that were spent mourning him and learning how to adjust to our new reality without him. So while we celebrated the end of this year and blew our horns in excitement of the countdown I will never forget 2015, it was a year of sadness and memories I will hold for a lifetime. 2015 was sad because I lost my father, but also I am eternally grateful for it because it was my last year of my life spent here on earth with that man. It was the last year I will see my son with his grandpa here on earth. I look forward to seeing him again but for now I will breathe deep and welcome 2016 in our lives. Cheers to the year ahead that will hopefully hold more laughter than heavy tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment