Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Up ahead...

A lot lies ahead over the next few weeks. I both welcome the change of seasons and dread the idea that there are celebration's coming up and they will come with very heavy hearts. There will be a big part of our holiday missing and it breaks my heart to think about. No one ever spoiled my son like my dad did. He was so over the top, I would always act annoyed. "Dad he doesn't need every Thomas train if he asks for a train". I secretly loved it. Nothing was off limits and Grandpa was a big softie. Ryder has his number and had him wrapped around his finger. It was fun to watch him spoil my child and I know "things" don't define love but watching my dad give him these "things" and his face when he would go over the top was priceless. He did anything and everything to make my child soar with happiness. So if you are reading this, my family could use some prayers for the holiday season that lies ahead. Prayers for strength and hopes that we can feel my dad's presence in the the love that surrounds us and the traditions.

2 comments: