Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Magic

I have always loved the magic of snow globes. I don't know what it is about them but it the magic of their own little world under that glass dome intrigues me. This particular snow globe has my heart, the last two years when pulling it out of its carefully wrapped box has brought me to tears. 

Two years ago my dad and I were sitting in the living room drinking coffee and talking like we do. He looked at me and said "hey I got you something". My dad loved to buy all of us things so I didn't think too much about it. He pulled out the box and said, "it's really not exactly what I expected, I don't know if I'm too happy with it" I opened the box and pulled out this gorgeous snow globe that plays music, has people who walk around the town, a house that lights up, and complete with Santa and his reindeer at the top. The snow globe was amazing-- but more amazing was that my dad knew I loved snow globes. He listened to me and he remembered that small moment way back when when I told him about my fascination with them. I thanked him and assured him I was in love with my new decoration. Little did I know that would be my very last Christmas gift from my dad. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift, it wasn't just a "thing" it was literally love. I honestly feel almost guilty I have it and my other siblings don't. Every single time I unwrap this snow globe it is like I'm opening his gift for the first time, because the magic of what it holds always seems to surprise me. 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment