Saturday, April 8, 2017

New Beginnings Aren't Always Easy

Tonight we had our first tragedy in our new home. Almost five years ago my dad bought Ryder one of those silly little frogs you see at the mall. This little frog was a beast. We tried to pair him up with two different frogs which in fact he deemed alpha. To be honest I was not super careful with this frog -- tank changes were fast and not too scientific. I am shocked he lived as long as he did. Unfortunately the move was just too much for the little frog. Telling Ryder was heartbreaking. He cried and cried. He said he wanted to throw him into the creek behind our home so that a fish could eat him and the circle of life could continue. Leave it to my little animal lover to want to feed another animal with his loss. So here he is with daddy throwing Mr. Frog in. Just a silly little frog that drove me nuts when I had to clean that tank, but it broke my heart to see him sad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment