Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 145 / 365 - Brookfield Zoo Day

What an awesome day we had today! It was seriously amazing and full of memories. The Brookfield Zoo is such a huge beautiful place. Our most memorable experience of the day was the polar bear exhibit. We went underneath to the viewing center and noticed the polar bear was moving around a lot, so we walked up to the glass and decided to just watch for a minute. He then dove into the water and disappeared for a second. That in itself was cool. Then out of nowhere he rose up from the bottom of the water right in front of us and stopped. There he was this giant polar bear face to face with my two year old. Ryder was in animal awe. He was nervous and I gave him a hug to let him know that this was awesome. He then relaxed and just let out a squeal of excitement and was all smiles as he stared at him. The polar bear just sat there looking at him face to face. The giant animal then nuzzled the glass while Ryder put his hand out and then off he swam as he pushed off the glass with his giant paw. I had goosebumps all over, such an amazing thing to witness. The closeness of the polar bear was shocking in itself, but watching my child's face process the experience was unbelievable. I fought every urge in my body to reach for my camera and just enjoyed that moment with my son. Thankful I did, I will never forget it.

2 comments:

  1. That is really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, thank you for taking the time to leave comments. :)) Love yoU!

      Delete