Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 260 / 365 - Tough Love

Tonight was a night of tough love. I think sometimes it is hard to be a teacher and to be a compassionate parent in challenging situations. Tonight at his gym class he didn't want to do anything. He just wanted to sit and watch the kids and not listen to his teachers. The mom in me thought that he was just taking it in from the sidelines, the teacher in me thought he can't disobey his teachers. I had visions of students who do not listen to me in school. Two choices later and him choosing to not listen, I scooped him up and made him leave. He was embarrassed, he was heart broken and cried a very sad cry that I had never heard before. I will be honest, tough love does not phase me... but tonight broke me. I was left heart-broken. It is not always easy being a parent and who knows what is right and wrong in the world of parenting, but I hope end the tough love pays off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment