Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 264 / 365 - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I will never forget the day we picked you out and brought you home. I will also never forget the day that I held your head and rubbed behind your ears as you left this world. Today was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make in my life. You trusted me with all of your soul and I hope you understand why we made the call we did. To see you today it was not you. I hated seeing you that way and I am sorry. I wish your last days would have been home with us and in a place that you know and trust. Your dad and I buried you tonight and told stories of how far we have come in life with you by our side. We laughed and cried over your love. Thank you my four legged friend for your absolute unconditional love. You never let me down. Your dad said it best ... I hope that we were half the family you were to us. Love you Berks, you are so very missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment