Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 180 / 365 - Balance


Enjoying some creek love like always and feeling the need to just write. (In fact I am already throwing around a 365 idea for next year with a focus on writing) So bear with my rambling. More and more I am met with the question, "when are you having another one?" or this one, "Ryder really needs a brother or sister". The guilt trip one always gets me thinking a little, "How can someone who is so close to their siblings not be having lots of them for Ryder". I can't tell you what will happen with our small family unit. One day... yes we will probably add another. But for now we are balanced. We are a unit, we are perfect. Life is so incredibly easy and I am so very blessed. I love being able to stop on a whim and go jump in a random creek, or crawl up a dirt mound, or take a trip back home and pretty much know what to expect. Do I feel bad, like I am denying him of something? ... of course I do. As a parent don't we feel that way about a lot of things? I wish I could give my child the world at his fingertips, but we give him love and lots of it. We give him spontaneity, so much attention , and outdoor adventures. He is happy and that is what I think truly matters. So for now I will bask in the blessing of balance that god has given me. Tomorrow might be completely different, but today it is working and that is where I will place my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment